Stroll (or Roll) for Your Soul offers 21 days of accompaniment through a brief email delivered early each morning to your inbox. It takes 21 days to create a habit. Use these daily emails as motivation to get outside and enjoy the spring.
Groups use Stroll in so many ways.
- Some groups meet at the beginning and at the end of the 21 days to check in on what people are noticing, identifying and valuing.
- Some groups schedule a time, once a week to Stroll together. Whoever comes, comes.
- Some groups never meet as a local group but stroll as individuals in the daily company of nearly 500 other folk from across the world. Yes, world!
- Some sign up a committee or youth group as a shared spiritual practice.
- Some groups offer Stroll to folk in local retirement and nursing homes.
- Some groups offer Stroll to groups with young parents, university or college students.
- Some groups invite other denominations in the community to sign up too and host a few ecumenical strolls together.
Deepen your awareness of seeing the Divine in the ordinary and practice being in the present moment with these daily emails. They offer a reflection and practice giving direction and encouragement to your time spent strolling or walking or jogging or biking or even skateboarding!
WayMarks …. is our 2019 Stroll for Your Soul theme. I am delighted to share the creation of the 2019 Stroll with Caroline Bindon of Kereru Publishing in New Zealand. Caroline and I will explore the unique spirituality of our landscapes from very different parts of the world, and we look for WayMarks in song, scripture and our everyday experiences. Caroline brings particular attention to experiential prayer. Come Stroll with us!
WHEN: Begins with a welcome email Wednesday, May 8. You receive daily emails from May 11- 31.
Stroll for Your Soul is included in the 2019 Subscription package. Individual subscribers are on the list and you can just wait for your Welcome Email. Congregational/Group/Student Subscribers will receive an email with your sign up instructions.
If you don’t have a subscriptions here is your COST: Register your group (unlimited size) for only $50.
- When you sign up a congregation/group, you register as the contact person. You can pay by cheque, your credit card or PayPal or Interac eTransfer.
- New! A simple signup process. I’ll be in touch with details when you register.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE:
- A welcome email on Wednesday, May 8.
- A downloadable poster to advertise Stroll for Your Soul. Available soon.
- 21 daily emails with a practice, a poem, a reflection, or photograph offering encouragement for mindful attention and accompaniment each day from May 11 until May 31.
Want an Individual Subscription for $15? Take me to the Stroll for Your Soul (Individual) information.
A Sample Email: I am. May You Be
Re-collecting is more than remembering. It is bringing yourself into a full sense of who you are, just as you are. Take a moment to look in a mirror before you leave. Look with gentleness. Receive the image of your-self with humour, grace and acceptance.
Beatrice Bruteau died in 1984, but her scholarly work is being re-discovered because of her insights into science, math and spirituality. She is a modern mystic and inter-spritual pioneer.
Her words: “I am. May you be” say something about her inclusive vision and the value of each person (including self)
As you stroll today, recall her mantra. “I am. May you be.” Allow a sense of self-love and mutual respect rise in you, and in all you meet. Bring to mind someone who is a struggle for you to accept or be with. Simply offer the prayer: I am. May you be.
Continue the “I am. May you be” mantra during the day. Is there a cue you can set to remind yourself? It acknowledges the gift of you in the world and it is a prayer of respect for others.
Book: God’s Ecstasy: The Creation of a Self-Creating World by Beatrice Bruteau.