Is this you?
- Seeking to deepen your life through spiritual practice rooted in Christian Wisdom?
- Yearning for invitations to solitude and silence, to see beauty all around, and to explore meaning and mystery?
- Willing to go beyond the ordinary, open to new learning, and being impacted by your own discoveries?
- Able to give attention to your journey by creating retreat space at your own time and in your own home?
- Like feeling connected to a diverse online community, or perhaps you want to gather a small group and need a resource that invites deep conversation and offers group spiritual practices?
I’m glad you are here. Know you can arrive at the Prayer Bench just as you are and we journey together. Deep calling to Deep!
I believe we’re born with a deep sense of wonder and carry a longing for wholehearted living. If you came looking for soul knowledge and spiritual practices you’ll find it here.
I love the wisdom of the ancient way and the spirituality of the present moment. If you want to explore the wisdom of the Christian spiritual tradition you’ll find it here in fresh and original ways.
So much broadening and deepening comes when we journey with others. If you want to deepen your spirituality in the company of others, you’ll find respect for a diversity of spiritual expressions here.
Look around. Read my blog. Perhaps there is something here just for you today. Check out Facebook for daily sips of wisdom. In the Prayer Bench shop you’ll find Email Retreats, Small Group Studies, Individual Spiritual Studies and more; all for your soul deepening. Stay in touch with the monthly newsletter.
My Prayer Bench
In the frantic pace that was life in an intentional community I learned to sit. Still.
Sitting on a prayer bench gave physical intention to my desire for still prayer.
Leaving Iona after three years, I travelled to Israel to volunteer with an Roman Catholic order, The Sisters of Sion. Their deep charism, nurturing the Jewish roots of our Christian faith, and their daily practice of prayer deepened my time on the prayer bench
The Prayer Bench Comes Home
Then I came back from my journeys. I began ministry with The United Church of Canada in the Maritime Conference Office. This time was chaordic, a word made by the union of chaos and order. It was a time of deep change in the church and my position allowed me to play with new ideas and try out new ways. Technology and spirituality joined hands.
The Prayer Bench Online
Now I am living a dream born on that prayer bench years ago. It was braided in my soul: the longing for a community gathered in learning, curiosity, prayer and soul work.