STROLL FOR YOUR SOUL
Stroll for Your Soul offers 21 days of accompaniment through a brief email delivered early each morning to your inbox. Each email will offer a practice, or a reflection, or a poem, or a photograph giving direction and encouragement to your time spent walking or jogging or biking or even skate boarding.
It takes 21 days to create a habit. Use these daily emails as motivation to get outside. They will help you notice the green and growing glories of Spring. If you are a regular walker, they offer practice at paying attention and being in the present moment. Weave silence and mindful reflection into whatever minutes you have to give to yourself. Deepen your awareness of seeing the Divine in the ordinary and practice being in the present moment with these daily emails.
If you are a 2020 Personal or Group Subscriber or Participant, this program is included in your package. You are on the list and can expect your Welcome Email on May 6. Group Leaders will receive an email with instructions on signing up participants.
STROLL FOR YOUR SOUL FOR INDIVIDUALS
- Are you a fair weather person needing encouragement to get back in your walking shoes?
- Are you a runner seeking mindfulness on your daily run?
- Are you a biker, a hiker, a skateboarder wanting inspiration with your exercise?
GROUPS USE STROLL IN SO MANY WAYS.
COVID-!9 Update: Below you will see how Stroll has been used in the past. With restrictions, Strolling as a group may not be possible for some. However, with the easier sign-up you can make Stroll available to your community of faith or a group of family and friends. They can stroll apart, yet together, with a common focus. If you are using Zoom or a phone conference system you can check in using some of the ideas below. The Prayer Bench will also host an optional Zoom gathering once a week for Strollers to meet one another and share Strolling experiences.
- Some groups meet at the beginning and at the end of the 21 days to check in on what people are noticing, identifying and valuing.
- Some groups schedule a time, once a week to Stroll together. Whoever comes, comes.
- Some groups never meet as a local group but stroll as individuals in the daily company of nearly 500 other folk from across the world. Yes, world!
- Some sign up a committee or youth group as a shared spiritual practice.
- Some groups offer Stroll to folk in local retirement and nursing homes.
- Some groups offer Stroll to groups with young parents, university or college students.
- Some groups invite other denominations in the community to sign up too and host a few ecumenical strolls together.
WHEN: Stroll 2020 begins Saturday, May 9.
If you are in the Southern Hemisphere Stroll sign up for Stroll in September through Kereru Publishing.
COST: Individual $20 or Group $50* (unlimited size)
When you sign up a congregation/group, you register as the contact person. You can pay by cheque, your credit card or PayPal or we can send you an invoice.
Signing up your participants: You will receive information in the confirmation email which includes directions and a link to a sign up page that you can share by email. People can learn more about Stroll, read a sample from last year, and sign themselves up.
Want an Individual Subscription for $20? Take me to the Stroll for Your Soul (Individual) information.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE
- A welcome email on the Wednesday before Stroll 2020 begins. This is to check the accuracy of email addresses and help people get ready.
- 21 daily emails with a practice, a poem, a reflection, or photograph offering encouragement for mindful attention and accompaniment. Arriving each day at 5am for 21 days beginning Saturday, May 9.
- Very easy sign up information where people can learn more about Stroll, read a sample from last year, and sign themselves up.
- An optional weekly check in on Zoom, hosted by the Prayer Bench, to meet other Strollers and share experiences.
2020 THEME: PATTERNS
Patterns …. Isn’t that a great theme for our 2020 Stroll for Your Soul theme. I am delighted to share the creation of Stroll with Caroline Bindon of Kereru Publishing in New Zealand. Caroline and I will explore the unique spirituality of our landscapes from very different parts of the world, and we look for patterns in song, scripture and our everyday experiences. Caroline brings particular attention to experiential prayer. Come Stroll with us!