STROLL FOR YOUR SOUL STARTS MAY 2022
Stroll for Your Soul is a collaboration between Kereru Publishing in New Zealand and Prayer Bench in Canada. Caroline and Janice explore the unique spirituality of their landscapes from very different parts of the world. Come Stroll with us!
Stroll for Your Soul offers 21 days of accompaniment through a brief email delivered early each morning to your inbox. Each email will offer a practice, or a reflection, or a poem, or a photograph giving direction and encouragement to your time spent walking or jogging or biking or even skate boarding.
It takes 21 days to create a habit. Use these daily emails as motivation to get outside. They will help you notice the green and growing glories of Spring. If you are a regular walker, they offer practice at paying attention and being in the present moment. Weave silence and mindful reflection into whatever minutes you have to give to yourself. Deepen your awareness of seeing the Divine in the ordinary and practice being in the present moment with these daily emails.
If you are a 2022 Personal or Group Subscriber, this program will be included in your package. Group Leaders will receive an email with instructions on signing up participants.
STROLL FOR YOUR SOUL FOR INDIVIDUALS
- Are you a fair weather person needing encouragement to get back in your walking shoes?
- Are you a runner seeking mindfulness on your daily run?
- Are you a biker, a hiker, a skateboarder wanting inspiration with your exercise?
STROLL FOR YOUR SOUL GROUPS USE STROLL IN SO MANY WAYS
- Some groups meet at the beginning and at the end of the 21 days to check in on what people are noticing, identifying and valuing. Use Zoom to check in.
- Some groups schedule a time, once a week to Stroll together. Whoever comes, comes.
- Some groups never meet as a local group but stroll as individuals in the daily company of nearly 500 other folk from across the world. Yes, world!
- Some sign up a committee or youth group as a shared spiritual practice.
- Some groups offer Stroll to folk in local retirement and nursing homes.
- Some groups offer Stroll to groups with young parents, university or college students.
- Some groups invite other denominations in the community to sign up too and host a few ecumenical strolls together.
WHEN: Stroll 2021 begins May 2022
If you are in the Southern Hemisphere Stroll sign up for Stroll for Your Soul in September through Kereru Publishing.
COST: Individual $20 or Group $50* (unlimited size)
When you sign up a congregation/group, you register as the contact person. You can pay by cheque, your credit card or PayPal or we can send you an invoice. We’ll send you details on how you then can sign up your group members.
WHAT YOU RECEIVE
- A welcome email on the Wednesday before Stroll begins
- 21 daily emails with a practice, a poem, a reflection, or photograph offering encouragement for mindful attention and accompaniment. Arriving each day at 5am for 21 days.
- Group subscriptions also receive a poster you can download to promote to your group.
THE 2022 THEME IS SOON TO BE ANNOUNCED.