Email Retreat Series 2019: Lent on a Plate
Table-sharing is more than feeding. It is a way of becoming nourishment and love for one another. Jesus brings a feast of Presence to his picnics, potlucks, dinner parties, breakfasts and snacks. We’ll explore these stories and discover themes that will guide and support our journey through Lent.
Each week we will focus on images from food stories with Jesus. We’ll consider wisdom themes of inner hospitality, abundance, inclusion, generosity, risk, and letting go.
The meals we set upon our kitchen table become the focus, not just of our nourishment, but of our spiritual practices and prayer.
This is what’s great about Lent on a Plate – every time we eat and drink we are reminded of God’s Presence and give attention to this ordinary sacrament.
Recipes are included! Let this Lent be a feast of Presence.
- Your retreat series arrives by email. Each retreat offers an opening, a brief meditation, questions for reflection, a recipe and story, and a spiritual practice.
- You receive a Welcome Email on Ash Wednesday March 6, which helps you prepare to receive your first retreat.
- Your receive six Email Retreats on the following six Saturdays.
- Too busy to keep up? Within your retreat is a button where you can download, save and print your retreat for a quiet time.
- Some people set aside a time to retreat once a week for an hour or more reflection, others use some of the retreat each day for the week.
- Some people use some of the retreat suggestions in addition to their regular
- Some worship leaders shape worship for Lent around the themes of the retreat.
- Some group leaders use ideas from the series for worship, meetings, retreats or wellness gatherings.
There are no reviews yet.