Landscape of the Soul
A Four Week “All Seasons” Study developed by Janice MacLean
In Celtic tradition we talk about “thin places’ where the boundary between heaven and earth is ‘tissue thin.’ These are not just places designated as ‘holy’; thin places exist all around us. You know them. They are the places where we feel more whole within ourselves and closest to God. They are our places of ‘heaven on earth.’
The ancient People of God were fashioned by their outward geography; their inner space made sacred by their journey. In your study, you’ll travel with the People of God and explore four sacred places.
- Desert: Thin Place of Breakthrough
- Seas: Courage in the Chaos
- Mountains: The Glory-Space of God
- Trees of the Field: Hospitality and Community
These places, rich in metaphor, have capacity to deepen our spiritual journey. You’ll explore our soul-connection with these places. You’ll have opportunity to pay attention to spiritual practices that help cherish sacred place in creation.
You will receive:
- Four 6-8 minute audio recordings presenting the theme;
- A written script of the audio talks;
- A Leaders Page outlining a one-hour group process with opening, centering, discussion questions, group spiritual practice and closing prayer;
- A Participants Handout Page;
- Supplemental Resources.
An Internet connection is needed to access the audio recordings but once downloaded they are available to play from your computer. Once downloaded no internet connection is required.
The cost of this Small Group package is $25.
When you register you will receive an “order confirmation.” You will then receive a “confirmation email” with a password and a link to a private webpage where you will find all the resources. You receive the confirmation email usually within 24 hours.
About a Prayer Bench Small Group Study … “From the beginning my group has had very deep conversations using this study and as a leader it is an absolute joy to work with.” – Jean Ward