Now is the Time: A Resource for Small Group Study or for Individual Study
“Imagine if COVID regulations were in place when Mary came to visit Elizabeth. She’s ring the doorbell and then stand back two metres. There would be no hug.”
The 2020 Advent Small Group Study explores what it means to live in liminal space and invites us to look for glimpses of new ways of being Love in the world.
- Access to a Study webpage . All your resources are in one place.
- Leader’s Guide (includes the complete group process for four sessions: Gathering, Opening, Check-in, Discussion Questions, and a Group Spiritual Practice.)
- Easily downloadable Audio Recordings for use in Session 1 and 3.
- Easily downloadable Short Papers for use in Session 2 and 4.
- A video alternative for Session 3 if desired.
- Scripts of the Audio Recordings to download and photocopy.
- Participants sheets with the questions for use in session or for take home reflection.
- A customizable powerpoint presentation to use on Zoom.
- Downloadable image and customizable poster for the series. Social Media icon for promotion.
“In Session One, we explore practices that help us to inhabit liminal space.
In Session Two, we think about what it means to be an emerging community of faith and how to keep our eyes open for glimpses of what is being born.
In Session Three, we hear about the signs of the times and listen for invitations.
In Session Four, we reflect on the time that is now through the eyes of John the Baptist.”
“Things have come up during this time (COVID) that have been before us for many, many years. But they have really been emphasized in the last few months. When I think about the signs, there are three areas that are really coming up for me in these times…”
“Mark sure knows how to begin a story. No manger and babe, no confused would-be bridegrooms and scandalously pregnant young woman. Just this strange man, John [the Bpatist], standing his ground in a muddy river, assuring everyone around that they have been noticed and just in the nick of time, at that.”