Quench – An Email Retreat for Lent 2015
Inspiration. I searched inside my self for many hours for the perfect title for this series. Nothing seemed just right. I gave up.
As I did my eyes fell on a bottle of body lotion. Quench. Perfect.
So Quench it is. We will journey toward the Mystery of Easter looking at the spiritual practices and promises that sooth our soul thirsts, examine our culturally induced thirsts, and smooth our roughest spaces.
Each email will offer:
- a getting ready practice,
- a reflection using words, and sometimes photos, music, audio guided meditations, or art,
- evocative questions for meditation or journalling,
- suggestions for spiritual practices you can try during the week,
- and a blessing prayer or affirmation.
New this year will be a weekly focus question inviting you to share comments, questions, photos, art with others sharing the retreat in a private Facebook page. Some will choose to participate actively, others will look in and learn. All are welcome.
Leader: Janice MacLean, host of Prayer Bench, with a little help from her friends.
You will receive:
- Six weekly email retreats beginning Saturday, February 21st. You retreat at your own time, in your own space.
- Access to a private Facebook page where you can share reflections, pictures, and comments, if you wish.
- A copy of the retreat to download and print so you can retreat away from your computer.
- Any support you need to make sure you can receive the emails and participate on our Facebook page.
The cost of this Email Retreat is $20.
I am committed to keeping the costs low by increasing the number of registrations. Please share this retreat idea with your friends and invite them to register. If you have a special friend you would like to share this Lent retreat with, you may wish to buy a gift registration.
Final note. If you can receive email you have all the technological know-how you need for this retreat!
You can register for Quench in the Prayer Bench Shop