This resource is designed for a SMALL GROUP STUDY and for PERSONAL STUDY/RETREAT. There are two Guides included in the package. You are welcome to use either one or both.
In this three week resource we ponder a question posed by the writer, Martin Shaw, What if we re-framed “living with uncertainty” into a practice of “navigating mystery?”
Advent offers evocative scripture stories for navigating mystery. Each session offers an opportunity for praying with scripture before listening to a reflection on the theme and grounding learning in a spiritual practice.
The Times boldly invites us into a mysterious unknown and into a circle of time to help us understand the signs of the time.
The Wilderness Way invites a greater awareness of who we are in this world God loves. We live out of an instinct to stay “present in the bare self” and here what we need for navigating mystery is revealed to us.
The Gesture of Opening to risk and relinquishment invites courage. Each time we discern Mystery’s announcements, we deepen our awareness of what is being birthed within us and among us.
What You Receive in this Small Group Study
- Access to a webpage where you find everything you need to lead or use this resource.
- The SMALL GROUP LEADER Guide includes the complete group process for three sessions with suggestions for: Gathering, Check-in, Praying the Scripture, Audio Recording and script of the recording, Discussion Questions, and a Group Spiritual Practice.
- The PERSONAL STUDY/RETREAT Guide includes suggestions for three sessions: Gathering, Intention, Praying the Scripture, Audio Recordings and scripts for the recordings, Prompts for Reflection or Journaling, and a Spiritual Practice.
- Three easily downloadable Audio Recordings for use in each session.
- Scripts of the Audio Recordings to download and photocopy and share with participants or for personal use.
- With thanks to the Rev. Jennifer Irving, there is now a series of POWERPOINT SLIDES she prepared when leading her group.
- Downloadable image and customizable poster for the series. Social Media icon for promotion.
- This resources also includes an Advent resource for All Ages, called “All Creation Sings.” Based on the Advent themes in Waldorf education, this resource offers suggestions for a 2 hour event inviting reflection and gratitude toward the different realms of Earth: stones and minerals, plants, animals and humankind. Host this event indoors or outside. Adaptable for use in worship, for a family/grandparents at home ideas, for Sunday School. You can purchase All Creation Sing by itself here. All-Ages Planning Guide
How Do Prayer Bench Small Group Studies Work?
Learn more about this resource by reading or downloading a sample of an audio script, prompts for discussion/jounralling and a spiritual practice. Sample Advent Navigating Mystery.
When you register and pay, you receive a CONFIRMATION EMAIL with information to access a private webpage where you will find all your resources in one place. Please check your “junk” box if you don’t receive it or contact me.
Please note that this is an online resource.
You can pay using PayPal, Credit card, Email bank transfer (in Canada only), or cheque.
Review some Frequently Asked Questions about Prayer Bench Small Group Studies.
More questions? Email Janice.
There are no reviews yet.