Our Holy Week theme is “And Yet.” We reflect on a quote from Elie Weisel, who survived the horror of the Holocaust death camps and wrote several books, including Night. Its wisdom is heartening for this time of upheaval as we linger through the effects of a pandemic, of war in the Ukraine, of violence and racism and other signs of planetary upheaval.
“And yet. These are my two favourite words, applicable to every situation, be it happy or bleak. The sun is rising? And yet it will set. A night of anguish? And yet it too, will pass. The important thing is to shun resignation, to refuse to wallow in sterile fatalism.”
Our reflections and prayers in this Holy Week series invite us into a new consciousness of Love. The daily scripture supports us, dares us, emboldens us. Our prayers steady us for action. We enter in. And yet, give thanks.
- As the group contact person, you receive a daily email with a reflection and prayer from the Prayer Bench. It might take only a minute to read or 15 minutes to digest or linger with you for hours.
- When you complete your purchase, you also immediately receive in the confirmation email, a PDF AND WORD document with the daily reflections and permission to distribute in two ways: You may print it for members of your group or community of faith. You can also cut and paste and send as an email from you or your church. Please do not post on your website or through social media.
- This is a virtual and downloadable resource. You receive the series in a Word or PDF file when you register and pay. You receive a welcome email on Saturday, April 9th.
- If you received the Lent Pull of God email retreats, you will automatically receive the Holy Week Series.
- If you receive resources as a 2022 paid Prayer Bench Group or Individual subscriber, you will automatically receive the Holy Week Series.
If you have questions, please email Janice, Host of the Prayer Bench.
Photo credit: Linda Sweezey
There are no reviews yet.