BMore than Friends: Leader Purchase
More Than Friends is a pre-marriage resource that celebrates diversity even as it seeks to prepare couples for the blessings and challenges of long term marriage. It is a resource that can be used online or in face-to-face gatherings, with individuals or groups, and can easily be guided by clergy or lay leaders, or even self-guided.
Here are the themes of the seven videos.
- Marriage is Daily. It is small daily practices that make a marriage that lasts.
- Communications & Family of Origin – Learning skills for healthy arguments and how Families of Origins influence how we communicate and more!
- Sexuality. Sexuality is a gift, a dilemma sometimes, and binds a couple together.
- Money. Money shows what you believe and what you value. It is hard to talk about and can be a major stress in a marriage.
- Spirituality. Spirituality is “God” and not just God; taking care of each other’s spirit and the well-being of your marriage.
- Later in Life Marriage & Blended Families. Heather Hemming and Ross Bartlett speak of their own experience and offer thoughtful and practical guidance.
- Hosts Linda Yates and Neil McEwen return to host a video on Same Gender Marriage. Neil speaks from the experience of his wedding and marriage and Linda as a mother of a same gendered son. Both have presided at same gender weddings.
In the Leader package, you will receive:
- Permanent access to seven videos (12-18 minutes in length). They are downloadable.
- A Letter to Leaders about this Resource
- A sample copy of the couple worksheets.
- A copy of the Audio Scripts that conclude each video. (written by Robyn Brown Hewitt)
The Leader Resource is permanently available to the person or pastoral charge who purchases it.
Please direct couples to the Couple Package ($29). Here: Couple Package
A USB drive with the five videos is available for and additional charge of $11 for materials and shipping. Order Here: USB drive
This Project hosted by the Prayer Bench. For more information, please visit the More than Friends Website. Click here to go to More Than Friends.