Is this you?
- Seeking to deepen your life through spiritual practice rooted in Christian Wisdom?
- Yearning for invitations to solitude and silence, to see beauty all around, and to explore meaning and mystery?
- Willing to go beyond the ordinary, open to new learning, and being impacted by your own discoveries?
- Able to give attention to your journey by creating retreat space at your own time and in your own home?
- Like feeling connected to a diverse online community, or perhaps you want to gather a small group and need a resource that invites deep conversation and offers group spiritual practices?
There are three packages in 2020. Read all about the 2020 Subscription packages.
A Prayer Bench Subscription offers you ease of ordering, your choice of resources, and great savings
The Prayer Bench Subscriber packages are available for sale until January 31, 2020.
After this, resources are available for full price.
- New format in 2020. Monthly Email Retreats exploring themes like dreams, pilgrimage, silence & solitude, grief and loss.
- Expanded editions of the monthly retreat for Lent and Advent offering a pilgrim manual for weekly use during the season.
- New! Holy Week Reflections, “Not Just Back Then.” Deepen your journey from Palm Sunday to Easter Monday with a daily email.
- New Small Group Study on the “Spirituality of Aging” and an Advent Study too.
- Now available to ALL Subscribers: Summer Sabbath. Four Devotions for the Road, Cottage, or When Your Church Closes for a Summer Sabbath.
- Stroll for Your Soul (Individual) is included in all subscription packages.
- Access to a Subscriber webpage in Leader/Congregation package. All your resources in one place.
- Easier sign up for the monthly Email Retreats in the Group package;
- New! Special package for all students/learning sites AND those in their first year of ministry.
Read more information about the three packages and compare them. Find the one that is right for you.
- See what is included in the PERSONAL Email Retreat subscription.
- See what gets added on in the GROUP subscription.
- See what else is included in the STUDENT & 1ST YEAR subscription.
17 Things People Say About How Prayer Bench Resources Help
- To connect with others. Our group likes knowing we are connected to many other groups, from so many different places, doing the same study.
- To have good discussions. We like the audio part of the Small Group Studies. We love learning another perspective. The audio leads to good discussion.
- To use in worship services. We always use your Email Retreat series as our theme for worship. So many nuggets, truths, thinking points that really reach people.
- To include those who can’t be there. Because of illness, one member prefers to remain at home and was very grateful to access every Small Group session on their own computer.
- To have spiritual community. I invite a small group of spiritual and reflective friends to gather with wine and supper using the small group study resource.
- To encourage first time leaders. The materials were well thought out, very organized, easy to follow, made our role easy, and reduced our stress considerably.
- To offer support if you are without a minister. Everyone helped in so many ways. It’s really been a good experience of pulling together. Prayer Bench resources were a significant part of this.
- To use on personal retreats or continuing education. It’s hard to find good spiritual materials and yours are definitely filling a badly needed area in my life.
- To stay in touch with snowbirds. We offer the Email Retreat series to our snowbirds who are often away from our community in Lent.
- To host a pop up group online. We use a private Facebook group and share the Small Group Studies and Email Retreat series for group discussion online.
- To reach out to the community. We love Stroll for Your Soul. We send it as a gift to folk in our local nursing home, to our university students, and to the young mom’s who gather in our building.
- To get ideas for a newsletter. You are so creative. We share some of ideas and practices from the Prayer Bench in our newsletter (with credit!)
- To create a habit. It takes 21 days to make a habit. Stroll for Your Soul is just the right length to get me outside to spend a few moments of reflection, wonder and praise.
- To connect. I must slow down and I’m not able to go to events at the church. It’s so wonderful to have the Email Retreats in Lent and Advent that connect me with my community of faith.
- To walk and talk in a group. We have a group of “Strollers” who walk together. We experience so much new life — not just in creation, but in our conversations.
- To get to know one another on a deeper level. Your group spiritual practices help us have a wonderful time of sharing and getting to know one another on a deeper level.
- To nurture our souls on our own time. The quiet space each Email Retreat takes me to is both wonderful, necessary, and appreciated. I can make my way through at my own pace.